The Township of King offers a variety of programs, camps, fitness memberships and community events that helps promote health and wellness for our community. Our programs cover every age range and ability as well as a wide variety of program types. Programs are offered quarterly in conjunction with the changing seasons.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person recreation programs are cancelled until further notice.
We provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for your preschool children. Our focus is to provide an educational experience that promotes social/emotional, physical and cognitive development for children aged 1-5 years old.
We provide a safe, age-appropriate program for children and youth aged 4-16 years old. Fulfilling your child's need to laugh, play and make friends in a safe and friendly environment. All programs are lead by knowledgeable and trained staff.
For Youth interested in volunteering, please visit Volunteer Opportunities
We provide quality recreational, educational and fitness programs along with events and workshops for adults aged 16+ years old.
Seniors Centre Without Walls Program
Seniors Centre Without Walls (SSWW) is just like attending a regular program but from the comfort of your own home. Join us over the phone and re-connect with others in the community.
Seniors Centre Without Wall programs are FREE to join and 30mins in length.
Seniors Centre Without Walls 101
- No special equipment needed, any phone will do!
- Programs are multi-person phone conversations
- You're able to hear each other, talk to one another, learn and/or just have fun
How does it Work
- To register please email email@example.com or call 905-833-6557 and leave your name and number
Call yourself in to the program or we can call you – it’s your choice
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no age limit when it comes to recreation. We provide quality recreational, educational and fitness programs along with events and workshops for older adults aged 55+ years of age.
For information about Township of King Seniors Centres' please visit Older Adult Clubs & Organizations
In Partnership with All Sport All People, King Township is excited to offer new inclusion programs for Children and Youth! All Sport All People is a non-profit organization. Their mission is to ensure NO ONE is ever turned away from being able to participate in a sport they want to pursue or love. For more information on All Sport All People please visit www.allsportallpeople.com
Did you participate in a Community Services program this season?
We are interested in hearing feedback about your experience. Your comments will help us continue to provide quality programs and improve services.
Please take a few minutes and complete our feedback form and email it to email@example.com
Financial Assistance Information
The purpose of the Community Assistance Program is to provide fee assistance that is fair, equitable and easy to access for low-income King Township residents.
The Community Services Department understands the benefits to individuals and families that are deprived from recreational opportunities. The department also recognizes that the ability to participate in these opportunities can be difficult, or limited for persons with low-income.
The foundation of the program is based on the values of human dignity and respect, health and wellness, social justice, and quality of life. Building these values, the Community Assistance Program creates an environment of cooperation and inclusivity to provide and improve recreational opportunities for individuals and families.
To be eligible for fee assistance individuals or families must:
- Submit a completed Community Assistance Program Application Form with the previous year’s income tax return (Notice of Assessment) attached for all income sources
- Provide proof of King Township residency by attaching a copy of a property tax bill, utility bill, driver’s license or similar documentation with the applicants address on it
- Reapply annually
Eligible requests per individual
- The total subsidy amount available per person is up to a maximum of $300 during a 12 month period
- The customer pays the total balance that is over the maximum subsidy amount
All applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAY Program - Positive Leisure Activities for Youth
The PLAY Program is for children ages four to 18 and single parents. The funding is available in the fall, winter, spring and summer through York Region.
Families who live in York Region, who have children and meet at least one of the following criteria may be eligible:
- Receive Rent Subsidy
- Receive Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
- Receive Child Care Fee Subsidy with an annual income of $36,000 or less
How to Apply
The fall Positive Leisure Activities for Youth (PLAY) program applications open on August 4, 2020. You will only need to apply once between fall and summer of any given year. You can apply online or by telephone:
- Online: PLAY Program - Positive Leisure Activities for Youth Program (PLAY) Application Form
- Call: Access York at 1-877-464-9675 and ask about the PLAY program
Once you are approved, please check with your local municipality for registration dates. Once more information is available for your local municipality you will receive an E-Blast with registration instructions.
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Funding is allocated to sustained programs that involve a sport or physical activity.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- Families can apply for assistance based on financial need up to a maximum of $300 per activity
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.