King Township has indoor and outdoor facilities you can rent for special events or meetings. Our indoor locations may include access to features such as kitchens, bars and stages. View a list of our different locations and facility features to find a spot that meets the needs of your event or check the availability of the facility you wish to request through our online facility availability search tool.
Find a space and check availability online! Complete the Facility Rental Application Form to get the process started.
NEW! King Township is excited to announce that Picnic Shelters can now be booked online for our three locations: Cold Creek Conservation Area, Memorial Park & Nobleton Sports Park! Click below to book a Picnic Shelter for your next event!
Have you booked a facility with the Township of King?
We are genuinely interested in hearing any feedback you have about your experience.
Your comments will help us continue to improve our services.
Guidelines for Renting Facilities in King Township
All users renting a facility or park must have general liability insurance when using Township property. Insurance requirements depend on the type of rental and activities taking place.
Please ensure you have a confirmation from the Township regarding your booking before purchasing insurance.
There are two options for facility agreement holders to submit liability insurance to the Township:
- Option A - Purchase liability insurance during the booking process from the Township’s Facility Insurance Program via the Online Portal; or
- Option B - Provide proof that they already have obtained liability insurance from an insurance provider of their choice that meets the Township of King’s liability insurance requirements for facility users and submit the certificate via the Townships online submission form.
Additional conditions may apply, please discuss further with Township staff.
Facilities are only to be used on the date(s) and time(s) specified in the contract, and only for the purpose named.
- Access to the building is permitted 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time on the contract.
- Times outlined on the contract include set up and take down time.
- Permit holders may only be in the building during the times specified on the contract for liability purposes.
- Booking changes may be possible later, if availability permits.
- A booking is not secure until facility booking staff receives a signed copy of the contract and full payment.
- Cold Creek Conservation Area and the Pottageville Pavilion are on well systems. Please limit water use.
- For facilities that are not staffed during the rental period, a number to call in the case of emergency is posted in each building and is printed on the contract. For emergencies please call, 905-833-5321.
You must be 18 years of age or older to rent a facility.
Facility rental applications must be submitted to the Booking & Events Coordinator at least 10 business days before your event. Applications are processed as soon as possible. Please note that some requests are processed ahead of others due to the date of the event.
Payment & Rental Deposits
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Cheque made payable to Township of King
- Cash or Debit are accepted at designated facilities
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX
Rentals may be subject to a rental deposit of up to $400 due at the time of booking.
Full payment including the rental deposit is due at the time of booking. The deposit is refunded to you after the event if no damages are sustained. Let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel a booking to avoid higher cancellation fees.
- 14+ days prior to the rental start date will result in a 80% refund or 100% credit issued on a Gift Card.
- 7-13 days prior to the rental start date will result in a 50% refund or 100% credit issued on a Gift Card.
- Less than 7 days prior to the rental start date will result in no refund or credit and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Cancellation by King Township prior to the function date due to unforeseen mechanical or facility difficulties, Permit Holder will receive a full refund or credit.
- Cancellation by King Township after your function has begun due to unforeseen mechanical or facility difficulties, Permit Holder will receive a pro-rated refund or credit.
- Refunds by cheque may take up to 4-6 weeks to be issued from the cancellation date.
- You will be financially responsible for facility rentals, as booked, if unused for your own reasons.
King Township's stand alone facilities are not staffed during private rentals. Permit Holders are required to pick up the key ahead of time to access the facility during the rental time.
Pick-up Location: Trisan Centre, 25 Dillane Drive, Schomberg ON, L0G 1T0
- Monday to Thursday 8am-9pm
- Friday 8am-7:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8am-4pm
When you walk in the building, please see reception. We will send you a reminder email prior to your event.
Key Return: Keys are to be returned to the Trisan Centre two days following your booking.
King Township’s Community Services Department provides the following to people who wish to rent one of our facilities:
- Booking assistance
- Use of the area specified by the permit
- Tables and chairs
- Copy of King Township's Alcohol Management Policy (if applicable)
You are responsible for providing other items, including:
- Special Occasional Permit (if applicable)
- Smart Serve Certified bartenders - certification numbers must be provided to the Booking & Events Coordinator prior to your event (if applicable)
- Special Event Insurance (if applicable)
- Table coverings
- Decorations - please don't use tape on the walls at any of our facilities to put up decorations
- Dishes, cutlery or coffee maker
- Catering services
- Speakers and operating system for music
- Set-up and clean-up
All activities shall be conducted in a manner so as not to interfere with other events or activities on or near the facility and may not interrupt or interfere with the quiet enjoyment of others, including residential neighbours of the facility.
Animals are not allowed in King's indoor recreational facilities, with the exception of service animals.
Smoking is prohibited in all Township of King buildings.
Click below for a full list of do's and dont's during your rental.
King Township has put in place policies and procedures that must be followed for booking facilities in the community. This ensures a fair system for all members of the community to have the opportunity to book a facility.
- Community Group Affiliation Policy
- User Fee & Subsidization Policy
- Ice Allocation Policy
- Outdoor Sports Facility Allocation Policy
- Alcohol Information Sheet
- Alcohol Management Policy
The Township makes available limited quantities of equipment and materials for user groups. Equipment is available on a first come, first serve basis and is delivered and picked up by the Township for a fee. Please complete the Online Equipment Request Form below.
Residents or event organizers renting a Township facility or property may choose to have an inflatable/amusement device at their event but must ensure the following conditions are met in consultation with a Township representative:
- Rented from a TSSA certified amusement device vendor. Personally owned amusement devices are prohibited. The vendor must be able to provide proof of the following:
- TSSA Amusement Device License
- TSSA Amusement Device Permit
- “AD” Permit number for each device
- Certified amusement devices mechanic on staff
- Proof of liability insurance of $5,000,000 with the Township listed as an additional insured party on the policy from the rental company. Submit a copy of your Insurance Certificate before your booking date to the Township using the Online Insurance Submission Form.
- TSSA certified amusement device operators on site at the event supplied by the vendor from which the amusement device is being rented from.
- Amusement devices cannot be staked into the ground under any circumstances.
- Full compliance with any required or relevant provincial, federal or municipal regulations/legislation.
- It is the responsibility of the event organizer to ensure they are aware of and in compliance with all relevant regulations.