Benefits of the PAD Program
Increased flexibility, owners are able to choose from the Monthly Plan or the Installment Plan, whichever works best for them.
There are no administration charges for this program, and it eliminates the added cost of postage, late fees and interest charges.
It allows for easier monthly financial planning, the Monthly Plan is the easiest way to budget for your tax payments throughout the year.
How to Enroll:
- Ensure the applicable tax and/or water balance is paid and up-to-date
- Complete the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All PAD submissions must include a "VOID" cheque
- If a Plan is not chosen (Monthly Plan or Due Date Plan), you will be enrolled in the Due Date Plan
- Any application received that is not completed or balance is not paid up-to date will not be enrolled. If late fees are incurred as a result, they are the responsibility of the property owner
- Once enrolled, you will remain in the program until you choose to withdraw by submitting the PAD Cancellation Form
- To enroll for the Interim Tax Period (withdrawals starting in February of the following year for the Monthly Plan or the next scheduled due date on the Interim Tax Notice) a form and void cheque must be submitted by December 1.
Deadlines to Enroll:
- To enroll for the Final Tax Period (withdrawals starting in August of the current year on a Monthly Plan or the next scheduled due date on you current year Final Tax Bill) a form and void cheque must be submitted by June 1.
- To enroll for the Water Plan a form and void cheque will be accepted for the next scheduled due date.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent to the email address provided for all forms received.
How the Plans Work:
Tax Bill Payment Plans:
1. Monthly Plan – Equal monthly payments will be automatically deducted on the first business day of each month from February to June, and August to December each year.
- 1st tax notice will be mailed in January informing the payment schedule and monthly payment amount for the first five months (February to June).
- 2nd tax notice will be mailed in June informing the payment schedule and revised monthly payment amount for the last five months (August to December).
2. Due Date Plan – Payments will be automatically deducted on the scheduled due dates on your Tax Bills
- Tax bills will be sent to you for information purposes
Water Bill Payment Plan:
Due Date Plan – Payments will be automatically deducted on the scheduled due dates on your Water Bills.
Supplementary Taxes for New Homes and Buildings:
Supplementary bill payments will NOT be withdrawn from your bank account based on your chosen payment plan. You MUST pay the Supplementary Taxes separately prior to the due dates. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the PAD plan.
If a pre-authorized payment is dishonoured by your bank for any reason, a service fee for the dishonoured payment will be applied to your account and you will be removed from the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan. Once the account is paid in full, you can re-apply to the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan by submitting a new Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement.
NOTE: All PAD applications must be submitted with a "VOID" cheque.