Water Bill Information
2022 Water Due Dates:
- Fourth Quarter (October to December) will be issued in January and due February 24, 2023
2023 Water Due Dates:
- First Quarter (January to March) will be issued in April and due May 17, 2023
- Second Quarter (April to June) will be issued in July and due August 24, 2023
- Third Quarter (July to September) will be issued in October and due November 15, 2023
- Fourth Quarter (October to December) will be issued in January and due February 27, 2024
If you require a payment arrangement due to special circumstances (payment over three months with no interest or penalty), please contact the Township prior to the due date of February 24, 2023 to avoid a penalty.
The water and wastewater rates that are charged to the users on a quarterly basis consist of two components:
- Fixed Water/Sewer Maintenance Charges - ensure a base level of funding is available to support life cycle maintenance of infrastructure assets used in the distribution and transmission of water and collection of wastewater, as well as related long-term debt servicing costs incurred.
- Variable Water/Sewer Use charges - are calculated on the basis of water consumption in cubic meters. The variable charges ensure annual operating costs for personnel (internal and contractors), water supply/distribution, wastewater collection/treatment, and general administration are appropriately funded.
Water and Wastewater Usage/Consumption & Maintenance Charges are invoiced on a quarterly billing cycle.
The Township of King's water and wastewater services operate under a two-tiered system.
The Region of York is responsible for:
- Water supply,
- Transmission mains,
- Storage facilities
- Booster pumping stations
- Wastewater treatment
- Truck collection systems.
The Township is responsible for:
- The operation and maintenance of the local of water distribution systems in King City, Nobleton, Schomberg and Ansnorveldt; as well as collection systems in King City, Nobleton and Schomberg.
If you believe you have a leak, or would like to see ways to reduce your seasonal consumption please see the document below:
If a property owner finds a water leak or has a meter malfunction, an adjustment to the most recent bill may be made provided the property owner shows proof of the repair and there is a notable reduction in consumption after the repair. The adjustment will be to apply the tier 1 rate to the total water consumed. If you had a leak or are eligible for an adjustment, please contact email@example.com.
Water Bill Payment Options
The penalty charge for a late water payment is 5% and it is added on the first day after the due date.
Payments can be made through your online or telephone banking. You will have to go through your banks website to set up the Township as a payee. In most cases you will look for "King Water." The water account number is on your bill, you will need to include all ten digits, but do not include the decimal (for example: 1234567890). If you choose to pay electronically please allow five business days for the bank to process your payment.
Water can be paid at any financial institution. Please allow five business days for the bank to process your payment.
You are able to mail in a cheque, please include your water stub and write your account number on your cheque. Please remember that the water payer assumes all responsibility if a payment is delivered late.
Your water payment can be dropped off at the municipal office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Will be accepted and processed on the date indicated on the cheque. Please make the cheque payable to the Township of King and write the account number on the front of your cheque.
Online payments can be made through our website using a credit card. Please note there is an additional 2.5% fee to use this service. To pay your water bill online click here.
Please note, no credit card payments will be accepted in-person for water bills.
Water Bill Calculation
Quarterly Water Charge = Metered Usage (consumption) X Water Consumption Charge + Water System Base Charge
Quarterly Water & Wastewater (Sewer) Charge = Metered Usage (consumption) X (Water + Wastewater (Sewer) Consumption Charge) + Water System Base Charge + Wastewater System Base Charge.
Wastewater rates apply following connection to the sanitary sewer system and will be included as per the applicable mandatory connection by-law and notice.
Please be advised that several areas in Nobleton are now operational and properties have been connected to the sanitary sewer system. If this pertains to you, sewer system based and maintenance charges will be included on your water bill. In exchange for using the sanitary sewer system, residents are required to pay for the operating costs with each water billing. The costs that you paid earlier or that were added to your property taxes were for the capital portion of the sanitary sewers.