What is Household Hazardous Waste?
The Township of King does not collect Household Hazardous Waste.
Throwing your Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) in the garbage or putting it down the drain can be dangerous to your family and our environment. Household Hazardous Waste can be disposed of at one of the Region's four HHW Depots.
Visit York Region Waste Depots Page
Materials accepted include:
- Household cleaners and detergents
- Paints and solvents
- Motor oil and windshield washer fluid
- Batteries (wet & dry cell)
- Prescription medicine syringes
- Fluorescent tubes and energy efficient bulbs
Household Hazardous Waste includes products that are:
- Poisonous - can poison or damage living organisms
- Explosive - can react violently when mixed with other agents, or when placed under heat or pressure
- Corrosive - can eat away at surfaces, including skin
- Flammable - can burn easily
These items contain ingredients which may be toxic and should be used and disposed of with caution.