The Township of King's Community Service Department offers a number of drop-in programs to keep you active and engaged.
Public Skating & Shinny Hockey (Indoors)
Public Skate Rules are posted in each arena lobby. King Township reserves the right to deny access to individuals deemed to be in violation of these rules.
- Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult AGED 16+.
- Helmets are highly recommended for new skaters and children under 8 years of age.
- Helmets and gloves are mandatory for all shinny participants.
- The Ontario Recreation Facilities Association and the Township of King strongly recommends full equipment to be worn; helmets and glove protection are mandatory.
- Skate aids are allowed during Parent & Tot Skate and in designated areas during Public Skate.
- Wheelchairs are welcome at all recreational skates.
- All participants must be wearing skates while on the ice.
- All programs are subject to a 10 minute ice resurfacing.
- NO SKATE RENTALS AVAILABLE
*Please note,only public skating is currently available.
Parent & Tot (children 6 & under) FREE 55+ Skate FREE Public Skate $2.50/skater
Public Skate Family Season Pass (4 people with a max. of 2 adults)
$163.85/family Family Stick & Puck (children 12 & under) $12.00/family Youth Shinny (ages 13-17) $6.00/skater; GOALIES FREE Adult Shinny (ages 18+) $9.00/skater; GOALIES FREE 55+ Shinny $6.00/skater; GOALIES FREE Figure Skating Drop-In
$9.00/skater; COACHES FREE
*Public Skate Birthday Party Packages are currently unavailable.
Public Skate Birthday Party Packages are offered in all three of our arenas during a scheduled Public Skate or you may rent the ice privately for an additional fee.
Come join us for a Sensory Skate! This program will include dimmed lighting, a low total number of participants on the ice, calming music, and quiet skate change rooms. For ages 6-12 years. All participants must wear a helmet.
Dates: Fridays June 10 - June 24, 2022
Time: 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Location: Trisan Centre
Fee: $2.50 per skater
Pre-register at townshipofking.perfectmind.com. Find the program under Public Skating & Shinny.
Recreational Drop-In Programs
The Community Services Department is excited to bring back drop-in programs at the King Township Municipal Centre! Drop-in programs are available for ages 13+. All skill levels are welcomed. Please bring indoor shoes. Drop-in fee is $5 per participant. Cash will be accepted at the door.
Sport Description Location Date Time Drop-In Basketball Looking to shoot some hoops on your own or maybe start a pick-up game? Then you need to check out our drop-in basketball program. All skill levels are welcomed, please bring indoor shoes. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
March 10 - May 26, 2022
8:30pm - 10pm Drop-In Basketball Looking to shoot some hoops on your own or maybe start a pick-up game? Then you need to check out our drop-in basketball program. All skill levels are welcomed, please bring indoor shoes. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
July 7 - Sept. 8, 2022
7pm - 9pm Drop-In Climb
Drop by Cold Creek and try out our high rope and rock climbing elements! Equipment provided.
FEE: $15 per participant
Cold Creek Conservation Area
July 9, July 23, August 6, August 20
10am - 2pm Drop-In Pickleball Pickleball is an easy to learn paddle sport which can be played with anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability. Grab a partner for a quick match or play as doubles. This program is open to all skill levels, please bring indoor shoes. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
Sundays March 13 - June 5, 2022
Tuesdays March 15 - May 24, 2022
7pm - 9pm
7pm - 9pm
Drop-In Pickleball Pickleball is an easy to learn paddle sport which can be played with anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability. Grab a partner for a quick match or play as doubles. This program is open to all skill levels, please bring indoor shoes. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
July 5 - August 30, 2022
7pm - 9pm Drop-In Pickleball Pickleball is an easy to learn paddle sport which can be played with anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability. Grab a partner for a quick match or play as doubles. This program is open to all skill levels, please bring indoor shoes. Trisan Centre - Curling Floor
June 19 - Sept. 11, 2022
1pm - 3pm Drop-In Volleyball This program is open to all skill levels and takes place at the King Municipal Centre gymnasium. 2 courts will be set up. Come out and enjoy an evening of volleyball. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
March 16 - June 1, 2022
7pm - 9pm Drop-In Volleyball This program is open to all skill levels and takes place at the King Municipal Centre gymnasium. 2 courts will be set up. Come out and enjoy an evening of volleyball. King Township Municipal Centre - Gymnasium
Wednesdays July 6 - Sept. 7, 2022
Sundays July 10 - Sept. 4, 2022
7pm - 9pm
7pm - 9pm
Community Playgroup is a place for parents, caregivers and participants to meet, find support and have fun in a relaxed, informal setting. Through stories, songs, crafts and active play, participants will develop their emerging social, cognitive, gross and fine motor skills. This is a parent participating class. This class will have an element of indoor and outdoor programming, please come prepared to be outside.
Location: Trisan Centre - Multi-Purpose Room
Age: 1 - 5 years old
Fee: $5 per participant
July 8 - Sept. 9, 2022
9am - 11am
July 11 - August 29, 2022
1pm - 3pm
This program is a slow-paced, low impact course specifically designed for seniors 55+ who are looking to strengthen the muscles they use in their everyday life. Seniors also engage in light but effective exercises known to improve balance and coordination. Each session starts with seated exercises and is designed for beginners looking to improve their overall health and mobility. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is free.
This program will run in-person at the following locations:
Nobleton Arena & Community Centre: Tuesdays & Fridays 1pm-1:45pm
Trisan Centre: Tuesdays & Fridays 2:15pm-3pm & 3pm-3:45pm
We are excited to announce the Nobleton Outdoor Pool will be reopening in Summer 2022!
The Nobleton Outdoor Pool season typically runs from the first weekend of July to Labour Day. During this time we offer drop-in public swims, swimming lessons, camps and private pool rentals.
General Pool Guidelines
- Children under 9 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 5 years of age must be within arm’s length of an adult.
- Proper swim attire must be worn by everyone on the pool deck.
- Street clothes and shoes are not allowed past the shower and change room area.
Monday to Friday* Weekends & Holidays Public Swim
2pm - 4:30pm
7pm - 8:30pm
10am - 1pm
1:30pm - 6:30pm
Lane Swim ---
Saturdays & Sundays
9am - 10am
*Week of Monday, August 29th – Friday, Sept 2nd will consist of Public Swims from 2:00pm – 4:30pm & 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Please note, on the occasional weekend, the Nobleton Outdoor Pool is closed for the first half of the early afternoon public swim due to a private rental of the pool. On a day where there is a private rental, the first public swim time (10:00-1:00pm) will be cancelled. To confirm public swim times, please contact the Nobleton Pool at 905-859-4342.
For additional pool guidelines, information on swimming lessons and private rentals please visit the king.ca/aquatics.
Per Visit Monthly Pass Season Pass Infants (2 & under) $1 --- --- Child (ages 3-12) $3.50 $40 $70
Youth (ages 13-18)
Senior (ages 55+)
$4 $40 $70 Adult (ages 18+) $4.50 $45 $90 Family* $13.50 $100 $200
*A family is considered any combination of four family members (two parents, two children – one adult, three children)
Please note Outdoor Rinks are closed for the 2022 season.
Location Hours of Operation Current Status (Updated February 2, 2022)
25 Doctors Lane
King City ON
*Natural outdoor rink
8:30am-8:30pm CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Nobleton Sports Park
15 Old King Road
*Natural outdoor rink
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Cold Creek Conservation Area
14125 11th Concession
*Pond (Click here for a map)
10am-4pm CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
PLEASE REMAIN OFF OF THE ICE SURFACES WHEN RINKS ARE CLOSED.
DO NOT SKATE ON STORMWATER PONDS, AS THEY ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED FOR RECREATIONAL USE.
Please abide by the Outdoor Rinks Skate Schedule below. Shinny is permitted only during allotted time slots. Please also see below for when figure skating is permitted:
- Every Tuesday, figure skating will be permitted at the Memorial Park (King City) rink from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Every Thursday, figure skating will be permitted at the Nobleton Sports Park (Nobleton) rink from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Staff are on-site during operating hours, but rinks are unsupervised. Please do not skate on the rinks outside of operating hours.
- The maximum capacity is posted at each rink.
- Skating is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please limit your time on the ice to one hour if other participants are waiting to skate. Please be courteous so everyone can enjoy outdoor skating.
- Shinny is only permitted during allotted time slots.
- Flooding and maintenance closures are at the discretion of the staff, depending on ice surface and weather conditions. Please exit the ice surface upon staff request.
- Masks and helmets are HIGHLY recommended.
- Please make every effort to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres between yourself and other skaters.
- There are no washrooms available. Please plan accordingly.
- Please follow all Public Health COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions and stay home if you or anyone in your household is ill.