The Township of King offers a variety of programs, camps, fitness memberships and community events that helps promote health and wellness for our community. Our programs cover every age range and ability as well as a wide variety of program types. Programs are offered quarterly in conjunction with the changing seasons.
Online Registration Date
|Winter Session||January 2 - March 31, 2023||Registration Open|
|March Break Camp||March 13 - March 17, 2023|
Recreation Program Guide
A full list of programs, events and interactive opportunities the Community Services Department has to offer can be found below. Click on the different links to get more information on our activities and to register!
Register for our programs or set up a family account!
Online Registration Date
Summer Camp July 4 - September 1, 2023
Residents: March 1, 2023
Non Residents: March 8, 2023
Spring Session April 1 - June 30, 2023 March 6, 2023 Summer Session July 2 - September 3, 2023 June 5, 2023 Fall Session September 5 - December 31, 2023 September 5, 2023
How to Register - Online Registration
The most convenient way to register for your program or fitness session is through our online registration software, Xplor Recreation. Follow the steps below to register today!
- Set up a family account online through Xplor Recreation
- Select the Programs tab for a list of program options
- Select the Register button located on the program details page to begin the registration process
- Select the Membership tab to purchase a fitness membership or to renew your expiring membership
- Select the Facilities tab to view facility availability
- Registration for a program or membership is complete and confirmed once payment is made in full
- Visa, MasterCard and AMEX is accepted through our online registration software
- We reserve the right to cancel any registration
Where to Register
- King Township Municipal Centre - 2585 King Road, King City, 905-833-5321
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Trisan Centre - 25 Dillane Drive, Schomberg, 905-939-1216
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 6am-9pm; Friday 6am-7pm; Saturday - Sunday 8am-4pm
If a program is cancelled by the Township, you will be notified by email or telephone. You may transfer to another program, free of charge (subject to availability), receive a full refund or a Township of King Gift Card.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for all refunds to be processed. You can withdraw/transfer from a program by completing the appropriate refund form and emailing it to our Community Service Department
Cancellation Date Refund Up to 1 week (7 days) prior 80% Refund or 100% Gift Card Up to 5-6 days prior 50% Refund or 100% Gift Card Less than 48 hours prior to start date No Refund or Gift Card Medical Circumstances where a Doctor’s note is provided
Requests for changes and transfers will only be accepted three business days prior to the start of the program. Changes and transfers are conditional upon availability in the program. Loss of early bird discount will be applied to transfers and difference in programming prices will need to be paid prior to program start date.
Payment for programs and services are due upon registration. The online registration software will prompt for payment information during the registration process. Credit cards can also be saved to your account for easy payment and refunds.
Cash, Interact, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and Cheques are accepted at registration locations. Please make all cheques payable to: Township of King.
Did you participate in a Community Services program this season?
We are interested in hearing feedback about your experience. Your comments will help us continue to provide quality programs and improve services.
Please take a few minutes and complete our feedback form and email it to email@example.com
Financial Assistance Information
The purpose of the Community Assistance Program is to provide fee assistance that is fair, equitable and easy to access for low-income King Township residents.
The Community Services Department understands the benefits to individuals and families that are deprived from recreational opportunities. The department also recognizes that the ability to participate in these opportunities can be difficult, or limited for persons with low-income.
The foundation of the program is based on the values of human dignity and respect, health and wellness, social justice, and quality of life. Building these values, the Community Assistance Program creates an environment of cooperation and inclusivity to provide and improve recreational opportunities for individuals and families.
To be eligible for fee assistance individuals or families must:
- Submit a completed Community Assistance Program Application Form with the previous year’s income tax return (Notice of Assessment) attached for all income sources
- Provide proof of King Township residency by attaching a copy of a property tax bill, utility bill, driver’s license or similar documentation with the applicants address on it
- Reapply annually
Eligible requests per individual
- The total subsidy amount available per person is up to a maximum of $300 during a 12 month period
- The customer pays the total balance that is over the maximum subsidy amount
All applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAY Program - Positive Leisure Activities for Youth
The PLAY Program is for children ages four to 18 and single parents. The funding is available in the fall, winter, spring and summer through York Region.
Families who live in York Region, who have children and meet at least one of the following criteria may be eligible:
- Receive Rent Subsidy
- Receive Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities
- Receive Child Care Fee Subsidy with an annual income of $36,000 or less
How to Apply
The Positive Leisure Activities for Youth (PLAY) program applications open quarterly for registration. You will only need to apply once between fall and summer of any given year. You can apply online or by telephone:
- Online: PLAY Program - Positive Leisure Activities for Youth Program (PLAY) Application Form
- Call: Access York at 1-877-464-9675 and ask about the PLAY program
Once you are approved, please check with your local municipality for registration dates. Once more information is available for your local municipality you will receive an E-Blast with registration instructions.
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Funding is allocated to sustained programs that involve a sport or physical activity.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- Families can apply for assistance based on financial need up to a maximum of $300 per activity
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
Covid-19 Rules & Regulations for Township Recreational Facilities
The below Rules & Regulations are to be followed in any Township Recreational Facility or Program:
These Rules & Regulations can change based on the most up-to-date provincial guidelines.