As York Region continues to administer vaccines under Phase 1 of the Provincial Vaccine Distribution plan, York Region residents age 70 years of age or older (born in 1951 or earlier) can now book an appointment online for their COVID-19 vaccine at york.ca/covid19vaccine.
Vaccines are delivered by appointment ONLY; walk-in appointments are not available. Vaccine appointments remain available for earlier priority groups and individuals. Eligible residents are encouraged to check back often as more appointments are being added regularly.
The following individuals are now eligible to book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- York Region residents 70 years of age and older (born in 1951 or earlier)
- Highest, Very High and High Priority Health Care Workers who live OR work in York Region
- Staff, essential caregivers and any residents that have not yet received a first dose in long-term care homes, high-risk retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care home for seniors
- Staff, residents and caregivers in retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors
- Indigenous adults and adult members of their households
- Adults with a chronic condition receiving home care services and who live in York Region (appropriate documentation will be required)
- Faith leaders who live or work in York Region AND provide end-of-life care, care of the deceased, care of those who are unwell or provides pastoral services in vulnerable settings
Clinics appointments are not available for any other age or priority group at this time. Do not try to book an appointment if you do not meet the eligibility.
Residents will be notified when they are eligible to receive the vaccine based on supply.