Please follow these tips to keep pedestrians, motorists and King Township snow removal staff safe.
- Remove ice, snow and other obstructions from catchbasins to allow proper drainage of snowmelt and rainwater.
- Make sure you or your snow removal contractor do not push snow or blow snow from your driveway onto the street or across the street onto other properties.
- Do not place snow or ice in a ditch or anywhere it may obstruct a culvert or other drainage outlets.
- Every time the snow plow clears your road, it pushes snow to the curb. It is your responsibility to remove plowed snow at the end of your driveway.
- Park vehicles off the street. Vehicles left on the street during plowing operations will be ticketed.
- Remove snow from around fire hydrants.
- Do not block sidewalks with motor vehicles to allow sidewalk plows to clear sidewalks.
- Snow plows make second and third passes during heavier snow events to push back and clear off snow, slush and ice.
- If there is a winter snow event on your garbage day please do not place the bins on the road and keep them back behind the curb.