The Township of King will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before welcoming participants and visitors into Township recreational facilities and programs starting Sept. 22.
King is responding to the Province’s requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination needed before entering non-essential businesses. Among those businesses are:
- Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres.
- Indoor facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities, except for youth recreational sport.
- Sporting events.
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas.
Starting Sept. 22 in the Township of King:
- Fitness centres and their associated programming require all participants to be fully vaccinated.
- Ice users are required to be fully vaccinated. Youth under 18 who are participating in organized sports will be exempt.
- Any eligible spectators 12 and older are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Any eligible non-sport programming participants 12 and older are required to be fully vaccinated.
Proof of Vaccination
As of Sept. 22, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s licence or health card) to access certain public settings and facilities.
An enhanced vaccine certificate, as well as a verification app to allow businesses to read the QR code, will be available beginning Oct. 22.
Township staff will verify the vaccine certificate along with government-issued identification.
For vaccination receipt information, see New Requirement for Proof of Vaccination in Certain Settings: Frequently Asked Questions. The Provincial Vaccine Booking Line can be reached at 1-833-943-3900.