The Township of King's Mayor's Youth Action Team (MYAT) formed in 2015 and is a voluntary group of young individuals between the ages of 13 to 18 (Grade 9 to 12) whose goal is to support and recognize their fellow youth and ensure that young voices are heard throughout the Township of King. We are always accepting new members, come out to our next meeting. For more information contact email@example.com.
The Main objectives of the Mayor's Youth Action Team are:
- To act as an advisory body to the Mayor and Council on matters which have an impact on youth in King.
- To identify and bring forward issues which will have an impact on King youth.
- To foster a positive image of youth in our community by participating actively in community events and activities in King.
- To promote positive meaningful activities for youth in partnership with the community.
- To act as an advocate for youth issues.
- To encourage youth to become more familiar with the workings of local government through education, involvement and participation
National Youth Week
Every year the Township of King supports National Youth Week. National Youth Week is May 1 – 7 every year, it is a week dedicated to the celebration of youth and their active participation in their community. Whether it is recreation, drama, sport, dance, civic engagement, art, volunteerism or leadership, everyday young people are involved in meaningful activities during their discretionary time. National Youth Week is a time to honour their involvement! For more information on National Youth Week visit http://youthinrecreation.org/ See below a variety of activities for youth week 2021.