The Township of King's Mayor's Youth Action Team (MYAT) formed in 2015 and is a voluntary group of young individuals between the ages of 13 to 18 (Grade 9 to 12) whose goal is to support and recognize their fellow youth and ensure that young voices are heard throughout the Township of King. We are always accepting new members, come out to our next meeting. For more information contact email@example.com.
The Main objectives of the Mayor's Youth Action Team are:
- To act as an advisory body to the Mayor and Council on matters which have an impact on youth in King.
- To identify and bring forward issues which will have an impact on King youth.
- To foster a positive image of youth in our community by participating actively in community events and activities in King.
- To promote positive meaningful activities for youth in partnership with the community.
- To act as an advocate for youth issues.
- To encourage youth to become more familiar with the workings of local government through education, involvement and participation