Work continues on the Township-Wide Recreation Centre, slated for completion in 2024.
The centre will be a state-of-the-art, high-efficiency, fully accessible recreation complex with features that include two NHL-sized ice surfaces, a six-lane 25-metre-long lap pool, a multi-purpose athletic fieldhouse, and a multi-purpose community room.
The project continues to move forward, with the most recent site activities that include:
- Site servicing at 98-per-cent completion and ongoing
- Building foundation (formwork, reinforcement, and concrete) at 85-per-cent completion and ongoing
- Weeping tile and sub-slab drainage at 90-per-cent completion and ongoing
- Pool construction initiated at 15-per-cent completion and ongoing
- Rink construction initiated at 5-per-cent completion and ongoing
- Structural steel shop drawings (drafting, revisions, approvals) at 50-per-cent completion and ongoing.
The short-term look ahead will include substantial site activity, primarily involved with subgrade cast-in-place concrete and reinforcement, mechanical/electrical rough-in and servicing infrastructure.
Upcoming milestones include:
- Site servicing will continue to progress and is expected to be completed by Q1 of 2023
- Building foundation will continue to progress and is expected to be completed by Q1 of 2023
- Underground mechanical and electrical work is slated to begin by Q4 of 2022
- Structural steel submittals continue to be processed with an anticipated delivery date to the site slated for Q1 of 2023
- The anticipated substantial completion of the Township-Wide Recreation Centre is expected for the summer (Q2-3) of 2024.