Trisan Fitness Centre
Based on the Provincial mandate, the Township of King will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before welcoming participants and visitors into Township recreational facilities and programs starting Sept. 22.
For full details, please click here.
Welcome to the Trisan Fitness Centre
Located at 25 Dillane Drive in Schomberg Ont. The Trisan Fitness Centre offers an active workout space featuring a variety of cardio and strength equipment, walking track and programs for all fitness levels. We can be contacted at 905-939-1216 ext.3000 or by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the guidance from health authorities across provincial and regional levels of government, King has implemented new health and safety operating procedures to allow for enhanced social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting measures within the centre.
Before You Enter - Need to Knows
- Members must complete the COVID-19 online screening tool before entering the facility and show Reception Staff completed results each time they visit the facility. The screening tool can be accessed via your cell phone or computer by going to screening.king.ca.
- All members must now pre-register for their desired workout timeslot. A registration how-to can be found here. All timeslots may be booked up to 3 days in advance
- Lockers and changerooms will be available for use. However, showers will remain closed at this time. As an option, members will also have access to small storage bins outside of the changerooms to place their personal belongings into during their workout.
- Members must fully read and agree to the Covid-19 Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability Waiver presented during the registration process.
- While patrons must wear their mask upon entering, exiting and travelling within the facility, masks are allowed to be removed while taking part in physical activity within the fitness area (upstairs) or track.
- Maintain social distancing practices at all times while in the centre. Wayfinding signage and social distancing markings have been placed throughout the centre to aid patrons.
- All workout timeslots will be booked in 1-hour increments and patrons are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes in advance of their timeslot.
COVID-19 Screening Tool
Members will be required to answer a short series of screening questions in order to access reopened Township facilities. You must screen the same day that you are exercising and every day that you enter into the facility. Lastly, upon entrance you must show reception your confirmation 'checkmark' that you've been cleared to enter into the facility. To access the screening tool please go to screening.king.ca.
Memberships & Services
A new month-to-month membership program has been developed to better adapt to any future changes and impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will be piloted on a trial basis until public health measures are eased and/or facility user numbers are sustainable enough to warrant increased service levels for a prolonged period of time
Participants must follow proper social distancing measures at all times while on the track. The hours of 9am-10am (Mon-Sat) will be designated for seniors use only. All members can pre-register for the track at townshipofking.perfectmind.com. The track may be booked up to 3 days in advance. Please see our ‘Fitness Memberships Types & Rates’ section above to view the registration fees. A registration how-to can be found here. All timeslots may be booked up to 3 days in advance
Group Exercise Classes
As of Monday, August 16th we will be welcoming back our group fitness classes and the schedule will be posted on Wednesday, August 11th! Classes will now be capped at 12 participants in each class with the exception of spin at 9 participants.
There will be scheduled cleaning and sanitization between every class. All members can pre-register for group fitness classes at townshipofking.perfectmind.com. All classes may be booked up to 3 days in advance. Please note, yoga mats and props will not be supplied. Participants are required to bring their own yoga mat and props from home. A registration how-to can be found here. All timeslots may be booked up to 3 days in advance
Please see our ‘Fitness Memberships Types & Rates’ section above to view the registration fees.
Trisan Live Virtual Classes
There will be select classes that will be exclusively offered virtually. These classes will be on the group exercise schedule (labelled VIRTUAL), alongside the Zoom Link to access these classes.
Please note that only participants who have a valid membership or day pass and have pre-registered for their class will be admitted to enter beyond the waiting room and into the class. A moderator has an official roster list that will only allow registered participants.
Please be advised that this class, as well as the other virtual classes, will be all be conducted online using a third-party application called Zoom. As a result, you will be required to download and configure the Zoom application for use on your home computer (Windows or Mac), tablet (iOS or Android), or smartphone (iOS or Android).
Prior to taking any of these online classes, we recommend that you consult with a family physician in order to ensure you are physically able to and medically cleared to engage in this class.
For the latest updates and information regarding King Township's response to Covid-19 and plans for re-opening, please visit https://www.king.ca/covid19