The Province of Ontario today announced further measures in York Region—which includes King Township—to slow the spread of COVID-19. The new measures are effective as of Sat. April 3 at 12:01 a.m. when King will enter the Grey-Lockdown level.
As part of the Keeping Ontario Safe and Open plan, Lockdown implements widespread measures and restrictions, including closures, to halt or interrupt transmission of the COVID-19 virus. All sport and recreational fitness facilities will be closed, including the Trisan Fitness Centre. The Province has advised that the Lockdown phase will last for a minimum of 28 days.
Other restrictions coming online Saturday include:
- Prohibiting indoor organized public events and social gatherings and limiting the capacity for outdoor organized public events or social gatherings to a 5-person maximum, except for gatherings with members of the same household (the people you live with) or gatherings of members of one household and one other person from another household who lives alone.
- Restricting in-person shopping in all retail settings, including a 50 per cent capacity limit for supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, indoor farmers' markets, other stores that primarily sell food and pharmacies, and 25 per cent for all other retail including big box stores, along with other public health and workplace safety measures;
- Prohibiting personal care services
- Prohibiting indoor and outdoor dining. Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments will be permitted to operate by take-out, drive-through, and delivery only
- Prohibiting the use of facilities for indoor or outdoor sports and recreational fitness (e.g., gyms) with very limited exceptions
- Limiting capacity at weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites or ceremonies to 15 per cent occupancy per room indoors, and to the number of individuals that can maintain two metres of physical distance outdoors.
For a complete list of all Grey-LOCKDOWN level restrictions visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-response-framework-keeping-ontario-safe-and-open#lockdown.
The Township has, since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in March of 2020, been offering all administrative services to our businesses and residents virtually. King Township remains open for business. Many services—including things like building permits, planning applications, garbage bag tags and the payment of water bills—can all be accessed online.
All essential services have continued, including Fire and Emergency Services, water, wastewater, waste collection, by-law enforcement and roads.
King is encouraging residents to support local businesses during the lockdown as much as possible.
For the latest King Township COVID-19 related information, please visit www.king.ca/covid19 or http://bit.ly/yorkregioncovid19.
Jason Ballantyne, communications officer | Phone: 905-833-4573 | Email: email@example.com