Volunteerism is alive and well in your local Community…
Learn how to become a Volunteer Firefighter!
VOLUNTEER FIRE SERVICE PERSONNEL
The Township of King Fire & Emergency Services is currently accepting applications for the position of a recruit volunteer firefighter.
The primary mission of the Township of King Fire & Emergency Services is to provide a variety of programs and services that are designed to protect lives and property from the adverse effects of fire, sudden medical emergencies, or exposure to dangerous situations or conditions created by man or nature.
As a volunteer fire fighter serving the Township of King you will be required to respond to these types of emergency situations. Other responsibilities and duties include, yet not limited to, the routine maintenance of fire fighting apparatus and equipment, maintaining fire department facilities, attending regular scheduled training sessions, and participating in local public education events. Those applying must be capable of functioning collectively as part of a team and under adverse conditions.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria upon submitting their application;
• Must be over the age of 18
• Must currently reside within 8kms of any of King Fire & Emergency Services Fire Station (King City, Schomberg, or Nobleton)
• Must currently be free and clear of a Criminal Record for which a pardon has not been granted (Criminal Background check from York Regional Police)
• Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (and insurance)
• Vulnerable Sector clearance through York Regional Police
Preferred Candidates will:
• Be available for Emergency Response between the hours of 7:00am & 5:00pm
• Currently possess a Valid Class “D” License with “Z” Endorsement
• Have current First Aid/CPR from a recognized institution or provider
For more information, or to pick up an application, please contact:
Andrea Ball – Assistant to the Fire Chief’s Office 905-833-2800.
Applications are available at Station 34 in King City (2045 King Road)
8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information is collected under authority of the Municipal Act and will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment.