Eversley at one time included a number of stores, a post office, a sawmill and a blacksmith shop. It still retains its schoolhouse and a church. It was the 1878 cheese factory that drew farmers from all over to sell their milk for the production of cheese and butter. The earliest settlers arrived in the 1830’s. It’s believed the name Eversley came from a village in Hampshire, England.
Eversley embraces an area which centers around intersection of Dufferin Street and the Side road 15, shown in the photo is as it looked in 1908. On the right (southeast corner) is Hurst's blacksmith shop. The wagon wheel (left) indicates where Robert Redditt's wheelwright shop was located on the northwest corner.