William J. Sproule erected the Sproule Homestead in 1865 on the lot he purchased in 1803. The Sproule family was widely known and their former home was an easily recognizable landmark in the area. Designed by Sproule’s son, Newton and a grandson William, the two storey building features Georgian, Gothic Revival and Ontario Vernacular traditions. Built of red and yellow brick, pine and stone, a veranda runs along three sides. Four generations of the Sproules lived in the house. Designated in 1993.