The King City Cemetery Dead House, built circa 1889, served as the temporary resting place for the dear departed during those winter months when the frozen ground did not permit grave digging. Construction is of buff bricks and mortar which appear to be from local resources. The interior layout includes sleeves for caskets and chimney holes for later caretaker occupancy. These octagonal shaped cemetery buildings existed only in communities that bordered Yonge Cemetery. Designated in 2006.