A representative example of the many small frame churches of the time the Glenville Methodist Church was built circa 1859 to serve this once thriving mill-village. Part of the Kettleby circuit the minister also provided services in Kettleby, Pottageville and Snowball until it closed in 1952. It reminds us of the importance of the local Methodist movement to the religious life of rural Ontario. In 1925 the Methodist Church joined with the Presbyterian Church to form the United Church of Canada. Designated in 1983.