The Township of King's Mayor's Youth Action Team (MYAT) formed in 2015 and is a voluntary group of young individuals between the ages of 13 to 18 (Grade 9 to 12) whose goal is to support and recognize their fellow youth and ensure that young voices are heard throughout the Township of King. We are always accepting new members,come to our next meeting. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Main objectives of the Mayor's Youth Action Team are:
- To act as an advisory body to the Mayor and Council on matters which have an impact on youth in King.
- To identify and bring forward issues which will have an impact on King youth.
- To foster a positive image of youth in our community by participating actively in community events and activities in King.
- To promote positive meaningful activities for youth in partnership with the community.
- To act as an advocate for youth issues.
- To encourage youth to become more familiar with the workings of local government through education, involvement and participation
- To be apart of MYAT complete the MYAT Application Form
MYAT Meetings for the 2018-2019 session:
MYAT Meetings are every 3 weeks from 3:30-4:30pm at the King City Arena.
Wednesday, November 7
Wednesday, November 28
Wednesday, December 12
Wednesday, January 9
Wednesday, January 23
Wednesday, February 13 - CANCELLED
Wednesday, March 6
Wednesday, March 27
Wednesday, April 17
Wednesday, May 8
Youth Week - May 1 to May 7
Youth Week is a week dedicated to the celebration of youth and their active participation in the community! We will have a variety of events and activities for youth to participate in from May 1-7. For event details refer to the chart below:
Info & Fee
Wed, May 1
Youth Art Exhibit & Art Project
Township of King Municipal Centre
3:30pm to 8:00pm
FREE – Come and view the Township of King's Student Art Exhibit and take part in our art project.
Thursday, May 2
Dodge Ball Tournament
Township of King Municipal Centre – Gymnasium
3:30pm to 6:00pm
FREE - Fill out the Dodge Ball Tournament Registration Form, and send it to email@example.com
Friday, May 3
GLOW – Youth Dance
$10 Cash Only. Drinks and Snacks will be available for purchase.
Saturday, May 4
Youth Tree Planting
Tasca Park – Nobleton
FREE – all supplies will be provided. Come dressed for the weather. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sunday, May 5
Open Mic Night
Monday, May 6
Youth Recognition Awards
Township of King Municipal Centre – Council Chambers
FREE – To nominate an outstanding youth from the Township of King fill out the Youth Awards – Nomination Package
Tuesday, May 7