Free Water Audits for Industrial, Commercial and Institutional
The ICI Audit and Capacity Buy Back Incentive Program is offering free, water-use audits to eligible industrial, commercial and institutional businesses located within York Region.
The purpose of these audits is to identify water-saving opportunities through:
- Replacement of older, less efficient equipment with new, modern equipment
- Reuse of once-through cooling water
- Replacement of once-through cooling water system with closed-loop chilled water cooling system
- Water recovery from water-cooled boiler pumps
- Replacement of water-cooled vacuum pumps with oil-lubricated central vacuum pump system
- Water recovery from water-cooled air compressors
- Replacement of water-cooled air compressors with air-cooled air compressors equipped with variable speed drives
- Reuse of condensing water from steam
- ICI water-efficiency outdoor irrigation system
- High efficiency industrial clothes washers (not covered by ICI Commercial Clothes Washer Replacement Rebate)
Approved applicants are eligible for the Capacity Buy-back Program, a one-time financial incentive following the implementation of the capital retrofits identified in the audits, to permanently reduce water usage. The program offers a one-time incentive of $0.30 per litre of water saving per average day, or 50 per cent of the total capital cost of the retrofit up to a maximum of $50,000.
Applications for the ICI Audit and Capacity Buy Back Program are acted upon on a first-come, first-served basis and are contingent upon the availability of annual program funding.