Sign In

Road Occupancy Requests

​​​​​Special Events

Throughout the year, Township roads may be temporarily closed or occupied for certain special events such as parades and processions, festivals, social activities, and athletic events.

If you are interested in temporarily occupying or closing a Township road to hold a special event, please complete and submit a Road Occupancy Permit Application Form to the Clerk's Department. The application form can be found under the Forms section of the Township website. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions within the application for all submission requirements.

Upon receipt of a completed application and necessary documentation, applications are circulated to internal and external partners for review and comment. The Township will issue the permit upon satisfaction that all requirements have been met.

Completed forms may be submitted electronically to Kathryn Moyle, Township Clerk at or by mail to the Township Municipal Offices at 2075 King Road, King City, ON, L7B 1A1 and sent to the attention of the Township Clerk.

Regional Roads

​Events that require occupancy of regional roads are also required to complete and submit a Road Use Permit to the Region of York. Please contact​ or call 905-830-4444 ext.75700 for more information.

Construction Activity

For Road Occupancy Permits related to construction activity and road maintenance, please contact the Engineering and Public Works Department at 905-833-5321 ext. 4058