Sign In

Requesting Correction to Personal Info

​​​​​​In addition to providing a right to access information held by Township of King, the Act also provides a right to request correction of personal information. Routine changes or corrections to personal information such as a new address or new telephone number do not require a formal request under the Act. Simply contact the Township of King that has the information and inform them of the change or correction. If you believe the information that Township of King has about you is untrue or misleading, you can make a request under the Act to have it corrected. Even if Township of King does not agree to change the information, it must make a note on your file that you have requested the change. 

A request to correct personal information must be made in writing. You may either complete a request form or write a letter to the Township indicating that you are making the request under the FOI Act. You can print the Request to Correc​t Personal Information form that is provided on this web site. Detailed instructions on how to complete the form are provided with the form. 

Whether you are writing a letter or completing a request form, you will need to: 

  • Provide your name, address, and a telephone number where you can be contacted if there are any questions about the request.

  • Identify the information that you believe is incorrect and give the correction. Be as specific as possible.

  • Sign and date the request form or letter.

  • Send the completed request form or letter to the FOI Coordinator of the Township of King ​​