Sign In

Filming Permits

​​​​​​​How to Obtain a Film Permit

To obtain a permit you will need to apply to the Clerks Department a minimum of 30 days in advance of the scheduled filming day(s). 

Fill out a Film Permit Application and submit it to the Clerks Department. 

Please note that any of the following may require additional time: 

  • ​Use of Township Roads (requires Road Occupancy Permit)
  • Use of York Regional Roads (requires Road Occupancy Permit from Region AND Township)
  • Excessive Noise (may require a Noise Exemption - determined through Film Permit process)
  • ​Special Effects (security deposit(s) required; and subject to review by King Fire & Emergency Services)
  • Township property (use of parks or other facilities may require​ additional permits from the Township)

Fees must be paid before a film permit can be issued. ​A fee total will be determined through the Film Permit application process.

Contact Information:

​King Township Clerks Department:2585 King Road, King City, ON, L7B 1A1
​Telephone: (905) 833-5321
​York Regional Police (Paid Duty Officers)

​Telephone: (905) 830-0303
Fax: (905) 895-7264

​Regional Municipality of York Transportation Dept.​(905) 830-4444
Transportation Department

Students may be exempt from Film Permit fees. Please call the Clerks Department to find out more information.