How to Obtain a Film Permit
To obtain a permit you will need to apply to the Clerks Department a minimum of 30 days in advance of the scheduled filming day(s).
Fill out a Film Permit Application and submit it to the Clerks Department.
Please note that any of the following may require additional time:
- Use of Township Roads (requires Road Occupancy Permit)
- Use of York Regional Roads (requires Road Occupancy Permit from Region AND Township)
- Excessive Noise (may require a Noise Exemption - determined through Film Permit process)
- Special Effects (security deposit(s) required; and subject to review by King Fire & Emergency Services)
- Township property (use of parks or other facilities may require additional permits from the Township)
Fees must be paid before a film permit can be issued. A fee total will be determined through the Film Permit application process.
|King Township Clerks Department:||2075 King Road, King City, ON, L7B 1A1|
Telephone: (905) 833-5321
|York Regional Police (Paid Duty Officers)|
Telephone: (905) 830-0303
Fax: (905) 895-7264
|Regional Municipality of York Transportation Dept.||(905) 830-4444|
Students may be exempt from Film Permit fees. Please call the Clerks Department to find out more information.