The Mayor's Task Force on High Risk and Dangerous Offenders was formally established on January 11, 2016 to investigate matters related to the presence of high risk and dangerous offenders as well as the policies and procedures that are in place to ensure the safety of the community.
The Task Force is comprised of four appointed citizen members and one member of council acting as chair. The Mayor, Township staff, and a representative of York Regional Police also serve in an ex-officio capacity as non-voting members.
The Task Force is charged with investigating the following topics:
- Facility safety auditing and general requirements of facilities used to house high-risk and dangerous offenders;
- Offender management policies and procedures for individuals designated as high-risk or dangerous offenders; and
- Facility and site selection processes and criteria for housing of high-risk and dangerous offenders.
The Task Force will meet once a month until the end of June, 2016. The Task Force will present a report to Council following its meetings to share the results of its investigations and to make recommendations to Council based on its findings.
Information regarding future meetings, presentations and findings of the Task Force will be posted to this page.
Task Force Members
- Chair: Councillor David Boyd, Ward 2
- Citizen Member: Ruta Del Zotto
- Citizen Member: Rob Ferreira
- Citizen Member: Simon Lloyd
- Citizen Member: Lina Termini
Meeting Agendas & Minutes