Sign In

Reporting a By-law Infraction

​​​​​Reporting a by-law infraction can be done through telephone, e-mail, or an in-person visit to the By-law Enforcement Services office (see contact information below). You must identify yourself when making a complaint as the Township is unable to accept anonymous complaints. Please be prepared to provide your name, address and telephone number to staff. The Township keeps the identity of every complainant confidential under the ​Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act unless the complainant has agreed to be identified.​

What Do I Need to File a Report?

When filing a report, please be prepared to provide as much detail as possible about the complaint:

  • Address of the property involved
  • Date and time when the violation was first observed
  • Detailed description of the violation
  • Motor vehicle violations require a description of the motor vehicle and licence plate identification if possible

​​​ ​Contact Us

​In Writing or In Person​By E-mail
​By-law Enforcement Services
Towship of King
2585 King Road
King City, ON L7B 1A1​
​Address general concerns to, and parking concerns to​
By Phone 
Office Hours
Call By-law Enforcement Services directly at 905-833-4002
If you are calling after hours, please leave a detailed message including your name, address, phone number, and a description of your question, concern, or inquiry. Staff will contact you as soon as possible if more information is required. ​
Regular office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday (exluding statuatory holidays). 

Please visit our webpage​ about how by-law enforcement officers respond to reported by-law infractions for more information. 

Concerned about aggressive driving? Visit our webpage for information on the York Regional Police Road Watch Program.  

If the matter requires immediate assistance, please contact York Regional Police Services non-emergency number at 1-866-876-5423. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.​   ​