Sign In

Submitting an Application

​​​​​You must submit a completed sign application form to By-law Enforcement Services before any permit will be issued. Forms may be submitted in person or by mail to 2585 King Road, King City, ON, L7B 1A1, or by e-mail to by-la​ Please note that electronic submissions by e-mail are the preferred method of sign permit applications, and can make the process quicker and more efficient such as when circulations are required. Applications for Temporary Sign Permits may be submitted online​

If the applicant is not the owner of the property, such as a tenant or sign company, authorization to erect signage must be provided by the property owner for all signs. The information required for authorization can be found in section G: Authorization of Property Owner to Erect Signage of the sign permit application form​.

Please note that applications for permanent signs will be reviewed by staff and may require consultation with the Township's Building and Planning Departments, and other agencies in some cases.  

For new developments, the Township strongly encourages property owners to incorporate signage into any related planning approval processes. Signs approved through a planning process may be exempt from certain requirements and restrictions within the by-law, depending on the contents of the agreement as approved by Council. ​