Disputing a Parking Ticket If you wish to dispute your parking ticket, you may request an online appeal, an in-person First Attendance hearing to review your ticket with a By-law Enforcement Officer, or request to challenge the ticket in court. If you wish to book an in-person First Attendance Hearing, please contact By-law Enforcement Services (contact information below).
Parking Exemption ConditionsSometimes you may need an exemption for temporary on-street parking for events such as overnight guests or driveway repairs.
- Exemption Fee: Free. Fees under review.
- Exemptions are granted for a maximum of five (5) days per vehicle per year.
- The exemption allows you to park on the street for longer than the three (3) hour rule in place.
- The exemption does not allow you to park contrary to any other parking rule in the parking by-laws.
- For example: No vehicle can park contrary to any posted signs, face the opposite direction of travel, so as to block a driveway, intersection, or sidewalk, within three (3) metres of a fire hydrant, in a fire route, or in an accessible parking space without a valid permit. For a full list of parking regulations, see the set fines.
- Winter parking exemptions are limited, and subject to weather conditions.
- Requests to park on Regional roads must be made to York Region.