Winter Parking Restrictions
The Township of King's Parking By-law prohibits the parking of vehicles on roadways between November 1st and April 15th each year between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am to allow for winter road maintenance.
On-Street Parking Permits
Temporary on-street parking permits are available for events such as overnight guests, deliveries, or driveway repairs.
- Permit Fee: Free.
- Permits are granted for a maximum of twelve (12) days per vehicle per year. (Winter limitations apply, see below).
- All permits:
- are valid for a period of 24 hours from 12:00PM—12:00PM the following day
- must be properly displayed at all times while parked
- are valid for the plate # printed on the parking permit only for time indicated
- are non-refundable and non-transferable
- may be revoked or cancelled when it is necessary to ensure public safety, when it was obtained through the submission of false, misleading or fraudulent information, or when the vehicle in respect of which the permit was issued has an expired validation sticker
Vehicles without a valid or properly displayed permit will be ticketed and/or towed (at owners' expense) .
Permits cannot be used for commercial vehicles, boats/trailers, school buses, recreational vehicles, un-plated vehicles or vehicles with expired stickers.
Permits will not be issued for vehicles with outstanding Township of King parking infractions or persons who have exceeded the maximum number of permits for the year.
Parking permits only exempt vehicles from overnight or three (3) hour parking restrictions. They do not provide exemption from other parking infractions, such as:
- interfering with snow clearing operations
- parking within three (3) metres of a fire hydrant
- parking in a "No Parking" or "No Stopping" zone
- parking left wheels to the curb (facing the opposite direction of travel)
- parking so as to block a driveway, intersection, or sidewalk
- parking in a fire route
- parking in an accessible parking space without a valid accessible parking permit
For a complete list of violations, please read the current Parking By-law.
Permits are not valid or available for York Regional roads. Requests to park on Regional roads must be made to York Region.
Parking permits are the property of the Township of King, any misuse or unauthorized reproduction will result in termination of permit.
Winter Limitations for Parking Permits
- A maximum of 4 of the possible 12 on-street permits are available during winter parking restrictions (November 1st to April 15th)
- On-Street Permits are not applicable during winter maintenance activities (i.e. snow flurries, snow clearing and sanding/salting operations). If a permit has been obtained during winter maintenance activities the On-Street Permit becomes null and void, and any tickets issued will not be cancelled.