Sign In


​Animal Control

King Township has contracted the services of the City of Vaughan Animal Control Division to conduct dog control and provide kennel services for the municipality.

You will notice a new animal control vehicle patrolling our streets. This vehicle will have two municipal decals - Township of King and City of Vaughan - indicating our joint partnership.The Township has arranged for patrols to be conducted in shifts, affording the community early morning and evening hours for monitoring of parks, municipal roadways and sidewalks for issues relating to licensing, dogs running at large, and stoop/scoop offences, etc.

In addition, there is now a toll free telephone line for animal control dispatch. All complaints with respect to dog control will be logged and dispatched through this one central number. If you have any Animal Control complaints or questions, please call: 1 (855) 227-7297 (PAWS).

Location And Hours

The Animal Shelter, is located in the City of Vaughan at 70 Tigi Court, Unit 8 (main intersection, South of Rutherford Road and East of Creditstone Road).

Hours of operation are: 

Monday – Friday      8:30 am to 4:30 pm 
Saturday                  9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sunday                    Closed

*Statutory holidays  Closed

ADOPTION CENTRE or Lost/Found pets/ 70 Tigi Court, Unit 8 Vaughan, Ontario
Toll Free: 1-855-227-7297 Telephone: (905) 832 - 8505 

Responsibilities Of Pet Owners

  • No dog owner shall permit any dog to bark or create any noise that is likely to disturb the inhabitants of the Township or that constitutes a nuisance.

  • All dogs must be under full control at all times by being leashed and lead by leash when not on owners property. 

  • No dog owner shall allow a dog to run at large.

  • Every dog owner is responsible for cleaning and disposing of any excrement left by their dogs. 

  • At all times Pit Bulls must be muzzled, a secure leash attached to dog and being lead by handler unless enclosed on property occupied by the owner of the pit bull.

  • D.O.L.A. (DOG OWNER'S LIABILITY ACT) and Pit Bulls.

Cruelty To Animals

Any suspected cases of animal cruelty, or neglect complaints, must be reported to the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (OSPCA) at, 1-888-ONT-SPCA (1-888-668-7722).

Call 1-877-673-1549 (i.e.) injured domestic animals requiring veterinarian and any animal that is "at large" and of imminent threat to the public.

Wildlife in King Township 

King Township has contracted with Toronto Wildlife Centre (TWC) to assist King residents by providing access to expert wildlife advice, rehabilitation of sick, injured, and orphaned wild animals with the goal of returning them to the wild, and trainined rescue of wild animals in dangerous or risky situations. 

If you have a wildlife question or concern between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., 7 days / week, please call Toronto Wildlife Centre's hotline at 416-631-0662.  Follow the prompts for more information on how to resolve your situation, or leave a message for the trained hotline team. If your call is urgent, the goal of the hotline team will be to return your call within one hour.  Please allow more time for response to a non-urgent call, especially during spring and summer.  

​Between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 a.m., Toronto Wildlife Centre is closed.  If you find a sick, injured, or orphaned wild animal during these hours, please follow the instructions on TWC's phone system or website​ to safely contain the animal and house it overnight.  Leave a message on their hotline, and they will call you back in the morning. 

 For more information regarding the signs to look for when deciding whether an animal is unhealthy, please read the information regarding Unhealthy Animals.

For more information, please consult Toronto Wildlife Centre.

For more information regarding provincial laws and wildlife, please consult  Ministry of Natural Resource's Species List.

**This service does not extend to domestic pets (whether indoor or outdoor), dead animals or reporting of animals**

For matters concerning a domestic pet (indoor/outdoor dogs, cats, etc.), please contact your local veterinarian.

For matters regarding the removal of dead animals on municipal roads, please contact the Township of King at (905) 833- 5321.

For your information, Ministry of Natural Resources regulations and guidelines make it illegal for animal control to trap and relocate wildlife from your property. (905) 713-7400.

Other Information And Services

Low-Cost Rabies Clinic (Held in May of each year)
Ministry of Natural Resources - Fish & Wildlife 
By-law 2016-85 Animal Control By-law  NEW!
By-law Number 2012-175 Kennels/Doggie Day Cares
Pit Bull Information
Notice to all Pit Bull Owners