The population of King City has increased over the years, as new subdivisions have been approved. King City attracts residents who want to move from more populated areas, and they are drawn to the community's lifestyle and rural atmosphere.
King City is a village in the Township of King, the largest geographic municipality of the nine located in York Region. King City is situated at the intersection of Keele Street and King Road. Neighbouring communities include: Nobleton to the west; Oak Ridges, Richmond Hill and Aurora to the east; Maple to the south; Newmarket to the north. There is easy access to major provincial highways: north/south routes of Highway 400, Highway 427 and Highway 404; east/west routes of Highway 7, ETR 407 and Highway 9. Public transit is provided by York Region Transit Bus #22, and GO Transit, which has a GO Train Station on the west side of Keele Street, south of King Road. Visit www.yrt.ca or www.gotransit.com for more information regarding schedules and routes.
- To accommodate growth in the village, and working within the Community Plan, the following developments have been approved:
- King North Developments Inc., North West corner of Dufferin St. & King Road 62 singles, 179 townhouses
- King Dufferin Developments Inc., South West corner of Dufferin St. & King Road 160 singles, 120 townhouse
- Kingshire Estates, West side of Dufferin St., South of King Dufferin Developments Inc. 47 singles
- Hickory Hills Investment, West side of Dufferin St., South of Kingshire Estates, fronting to East side of Keele Street 72 singles
- Osmington Inc., East side of Keele Street South of Hickory Hills Investment 101 singles
- Brutto Development – Culotta Mary Lake Estates Property, South of 15th Sideroad, West of Keele Street 100 singles
- York Region Seniors Housing on Dew St., 40 unit expansion planned for 2010
|Housing||Assessed Value||Approximate Property Taxes||King City Growth Forecasts|||
|Single Detached, 3 Bdrm Bungalow, 100'x141.98'||$501,000||$4,354.67||Year||Population|
|Single Detached, 3 Bdrm 2 storey, 2 acres||$915,000||$8,232.88||2008||5,000|
|Rural Estate, 4 Bdrm 2 storey, 2 acres||$1,317,000||$12,172.16||2018||10,000|
|Rural Farm Single Det. 4 Bdrm, 2 storey, 47.43 acres||$1,292,000||$8,456.87||2021||12,000|